I would add too, that I still think that Adobe should have persisted with Frame 5.5 on Linux, and it was an unfortunate mistake to allow the stoush with Apple (if that was what it is was) close the door on having FM on the Mac.

The examples of user enhancements described, the key commands, formatting styles easily accessed with the keyboard, and other useful functions are what kept me using FM for two decades. This quote is most telling, "customers switching to FrameMaker from Interleaf was how much less tedious it felt to use FrameMaker." FM is pretty tedious now. Find the pod, click-click-click, find the pallette, click,... :(

What a great read!

Cheers
Alan

--