I had a system, oooh, I dunno, about 15 years ago. My client had Word templates
that I locked down. They really were pushed to use a finite set of word styles.
These had corresponding FM styles. It worked well. Well, as well as such things
can. But, not using Normal was contractually agreed on, as well as
reinforced.Generally, I plan tume to do the following if a one-time
Word-to-Frame conversion is needed: paste plain text into FM from Word and
reimport graphics, then apply styles in FM.SeanSent from my Verizon, Samsung
Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: "Carol J. Elkins"
<celk...@awrittenword.com> Date: 12/4/19  5:39 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: "An email
list for people using Adobe FrameMaker software."
<framers@lists.frameusers.com> Subject: Re: [Framers] Batch Word Conversion
Therein lies the problem. For the past bazillion years, every single Word
document received from my clients has been reliably tagged 100% Normal. Then
starts a tiresome and tedious paragraph-by-paragraph conversion. I've tried
giving them Word templates that I could easily map to FM, but their documents
are drafted by committee and none of the 100+ committee members wants to use a
Word template.CarolAt 03:18 PM 12/4/2019, Jeff C wrote:>This only really works
if the Word docs are consistently
Styled._______________________________________________This message is from the
list's homepage at  http://www.frameusers.comArchives located at
http://www.mail-archive.com/framers%40lists.frameusers.com/Subscribe and