Rick, of course, is correct. The difference between <$paranum> and <$paranumonly> is that <$paranum> returns the entire autonumber while <$paranumonly> returns only the counters (such as <n> or <n+>) within the autonumbers and any separating text such as a period or hyphen (or dash) between the counters. For example, <$paranum> might display as "Table 3.3" while <$paranumonly> displays as "3.3". I've used a period separator here because if <$paranumonly> incorrectly returns "3.3", I would expect <$paranum> to also display a period.

   --Lynne

On 4/14/2022 10:48 AM, r...@rickquatro.com wrote:
There should be a <$paranum> building block that picks up the entire
autonumber.

-----Original Message-----
From: Framers<framers-bounces+rick=rickquatro....@lists.frameusers.com>  On
Behalf Of Tom Beiswenger
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2022 9:29 AM
To: An email list for people using Adobe FrameMaker software.
<framers@lists.frameusers.com>
Subject: [Framers] Fixing table number in a cross-reference

I just noticed that this cross-reference format returns a cross-reference
that does not pick up the hyphen in the referenced table number.

The C-R used to reference Table 3-3 on page 39 in Chapter 3: <Link>Table\
<$paranumonly> on page\ <$pagenum> in Chapter <$chapnum><Default ¶ Font>

Returns (example): Table 3.3 on page 39 in Chapter 3

--
Lynne A. Price
Text Structure Consulting, Inc.