C2,

  It sounds like the problem is not that your new application doesn't work, but it either isn't define correctly or you haven't read the definition. Make sure the new application is defined correctly and has that the definition has been processed before any further debugging.

  Open any file and use the Structure > Set Structured Application command. Is your application listed? If not, where did you define it? You can easily open the default location for application definitions with Structure > Application Definition > Edit Application Definitions. Is that where your definition is? If not, did you create the definition in a file that uses the same template as the default one.

 You can put your own definition in another file, but it will not be available until you open that file and use Structure > Application Definition > Read Application Definitions. While FrameMaker reads the default application definition file each time it starts, you need to read another file in each session before its definitions become available.

    --Lynne