I pretty much agree 100% with the policy below, but reserve the right to change my mind on the explicit save/cancel buttons if it turns out that too many people have problems with the focus-on-blur.

This should be a simple configuration change later, should we choose to enable these again, I believe (are they just hidden using CSS right now, or is it actually done with JS? :)

All the points are good, and make sense. I don't think you can separate double and single clicks in JS, but I might be wrong. :)

— Alexander