On Dec 13, 2007, at 1:23 PM, Danny Bloemendaal wrote:
On 13 dec 2007, at 12:51, Laurence Rowe wrote:
We already do it, just not very well ;-) In 3.0 it works so long as you keep your transition ids unique across workflows. Catalogued workflow variables are calculated so that the first in the chain takes precedence, so nothing breaks here.

I don't think so. But I more mean things like portlets, various interfaces where you can pick a wf-state etc. You don't want to not show-up a set of wf-states in one location while in other places you can see them.

i would agree with danny here in that other places exposing workflow states should be handled as well. however, i think these could also be tackled in a later release, since laurence is right that implementing this plip wouldn't change the existing situation, but only improve it. actions from multiple workflows are already exposed in plone, but in a rather confusing and unstructured way. that's for some places, i.e. the action drop-down, while in others they're not exposed at all.

all in all, this situation is sub-optimal, so starting to improve things is a good thing to do. imho, we shouldn't block that by asking for everything at once — after all the current situation is not laurence's fault... hence +1 on the plip.

Workflow actions are already grouped as the actions are calculated sequentially from workflows. It would be nice to have a separator and a workflow title shown too, but I'm not sure what this should look like UI wise. How about this?

+1, this would make a great addition indeed. ;)

Something like that or perhaps another expand level in the menus.

-1 for another level, even though i'm no usability expert.

Also, something that came to my mind is that the workflow configlet has to be aware of this as well.

as said above, i'm fine with doing things step by step as well, but every step covered would be a bonus, of course.

as for the risks, in what possible ways could the changes break existing customizations? laurence, could you elaborate a little bit here, please? and can't we provide sensible defaults, so that potential problems are kept to a minimum?

cheers,

andi

--
zeidler it consulting - http://zitc.de/ - [EMAIL PROTECTED]