Danny Bloemendaal wrote:

So what is needed? I think that only an extra header in the boilerplate text for a plip would be enough (and stress that writes fill it in of course).
I think this fits well inside the "Motivation" box we already have. What's needed is a framework team that proactively asks people to fill in that information when submitting PLIPs, should it be insufficient.

I don't agree entirely. Motivation doesn't have to b a description for the usecase. Motivation is very general and can be a technical story only. A usecase is a 'normal'-people's description of what it tries to solve.

Right. And IMHO no PLIP can be accepted if it doesn't address any real world use cases, hence that should be the core of the motivation.

It's almost like a scenario or a scriptive way to describe things. Motivation ís being used right now but hardly ever in the scenario/use-case kinda way.

Yep. We should be better at it.

I don't think it is good idea to 'correct' people if they didn't use Motivation is this way. It's better to have them write it from the start.

Let me put it another way - I'd rather not have to make changes to PSC and deal with releases and migrations when we have a field that in one interpretation already meets the requirement. You can create however many fields you want with whatever titles you want - at the end of the day, it comes down to whoever fills the form in and what guidance they receive.

Martin