On 18 feb 2008, at 01:28, Andreas Zeidler wrote:

On Feb 16, 2008, at 8:52 PM, Danny Bloemendaal wrote:
As you guys know I'm here to review plips when it requires UI attention. So I did 201 (and still working on that next week). As far as I can tell there aren't other plips that need that attention from me (please correct me if I'm wrong).

well, i'd like to say that it was never really sort of officially communicated to me that your role in the team is just to stand by and give feedback when requested to. you've said initially that you couldn't say much about technical details, which is fair, but imho that doesn't really exclude you from doing other review tasks. like raphael said in one of his posts, most of the time looking at code alone isn't all that matters.

Ok, I'm sorry if that wasn't communicated better or maybe it was my misunderstanding. Point is that back in the days, Wichert asked me if I wanted to join the team as a UI designer/tester to make sure that we could keep the standard high regarding usability. I said that I would like to do that but that people shouldn't expect from me that I would participate heavily in 'true' framework discussions. That wasn't a problem so I volunteered. But.. you may be right that I still could be of more help than what I did so far.

so when you said you were gonna review things after that week you were unavailable, i.e. starting from february 11th, i was indeed expecting you to do as many reviews as everybody else. these could or rather should have included click-tests as well as some thinking about corner-cases and "trying to break things" etc. until wichert updated the schedule (yesterday, i.e. sunday) the review deadline was on saturday. until then you've only commented on two plips afaik, but should have on at least seven (as posted several times)... :(

So, yes, I could certainly do click-tests. Maybe my reluctance so far was because if me not being able to foresee in which plips I can be of any help regarding this.

So, I guess that's my status.

hmm, that kinda sounds like you didn't think the above also applied to you. i wonder what went wrong here. at the very best, we've had some pretty severe miscommunication here. quite frankly, hardly replying to any mails and most importantly not making this point of view very clear when seeing several posts with obviously wrong numbers in terms of "review per team member" is not acceptable to me.

You are right here I'm affraid. I'll try to do better in the near future :(

that said and considering the current status of the reviews, i'm gonna ask you to please do secondary reviews on 202 (formlib inline validation / editing), 212 (jquery) and — most importantly — 215 (kss update) tomorrow. there's no need to look at any code, but the review should include manual click-tests for more or less all affected / replaced js functionality in plone.

Ok, I will do that today and again, sorry for the miscommunication.

cheers,

andi

--
zeidler it consulting - http://zitc.de/ - [EMAIL PROTECTED]