I should probably report that I checked out awhile ago and have been
doing next to no plone work (not much free time to devote to code
outside of work, and not doing plone at work currently).  As one of my
pet peeves when I was doing plone work was folks who abandoned their
children, so I'd like to help orchestrate a more graceful passing of
the torch for wicked than just letting it drift into abject neglect. I
don't to dump this on rob miller lap by default, or create any sort of
linger expectation about my role.

the point of this is if anyone is interested, I would be glad to help
them get up to speed stewarding this project (and perhaps setting up
proper support for it). we could also come up with a roadmap for know
issues, improvements etc.

wicked is a mixed bag: with newer technology, there are much more
graceful ways to do wicked that would require much less code.   the
current design has some fairly limiting flaws and alot of room to
improve.   it exhibits the hallmarks of many early fivish apps where
components  are used like a hammer and everything is a nail that can
be abstracted. There is some good stuff in there too (I think the
fieldevent pattern is pretty powerful) that sadly I haven't had the
time to really properly document or make howto's to demonstrate usage.

so if you are interested, just let me know(with a direct reply).

-w