On Oct 27, 2008, at 5:06 PM, Andreas Zeidler wrote:

hi team,

afaict PLIP 234[1] was never proposed to the framework team list. technically we require this in order to consider a PLIP, or at least we repeatedly asked PLIP authors to announce their PLIPs here so we're aware of them. seeing that this particular PLIP has already received two votes[3] — probably because wichert (i reckon) has included in in the list for 3.3[2] — and since it's already been proposed in august, i suppose we want to be friendly and make an exception here. right? :)

The core developer reference[1] was incorrectly stating that PLIPs should be announced on the plone developers list, rather than the framework team list. So I'm glad that we were willing to be lenient in this case. I have corrected that error -- if you see the same error elsewhere, please fix it.

SteveM and I are going to do a more thorough review of the process- related parts of our developer documentation sometime after the US election, to make sure they are up to date, so please let one of us know if you are aware of new pieces of knowledge that are in our collective heads but should be written down for the sake of new people coming on board.

By the way, have any deadlines been named for implementing the PLIPs that were approved for 3.3?

[1]
http://plone.org/documentation/manual/plone-developer-reference/overview/release-process

peace,

David Glick
Web Developer
ONE/Northwest

New tools and strategies for engaging people in protecting the environment

http://www.onenw.org
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
work: (206) 286-1235 x32
mobile: (206) 679-3833

Subscribe to ONEList, our email newsletter!
Practical advice for effective online engagement
http://www.onenw.org/full_signup