On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 12:45 PM, Laurence Rowe <l...@lrowe.co.uk> wrote:
> On 9 August 2010 01:52, Martin Aspeli <optilude+li...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I can own this, although I'm not quite sure what a PLIP should look
>> like? The actual work is in rewriting the control panel forms. The
>> only thing the PLIP would say is "ship with p.a.z3cform + dependencies
>> as a dependency of PLIP 10359".
>
> We already have: Include z3c.form - https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/9473

Thanks, I was referring to that one and the points it lists.

I think the code for this one is basically done. But it needs a code
review, needs a review from the UI team on usability of the widgets
and the generated markup. There's also translation and documentation
to be updated. Someone knowing the code needs to act as a contact
person for these things.

I would also love to see someone bring some stability into the
plone.z3cform and plone.app.z3cform packages and release proper 1.0
releases. All the last minor have been backwards incompatible with
changes in the form wrapping approach (plone.app.discussion has been
one victim of this, always having to pin versions to one exact
combination at a time). We cannot do that any longer when these things
are part of Plone.

Hanno