On 2011-1-16 22:46, Martin Aspeli wrote:
I suspect they can be overcome by release managers setting target
dates, asking people to contribute to a particular milestone date for
a particular planned release, but not holding up a release if people
slip. Many smaller deadlines can be better than fewer big ones.

If you have many small deadlines they effectively become meaningless since people will just wait for the next one (to fly by). I've always tried to advocate a more continuous development pattern and I love Elizabeth's proposal.

Wichert.

--
Wichert Akkerman <wich...@wiggy.net>   It is simple to make things.
http://www.wiggy.net/                  It is hard to make things simple.