Jared,

The Walker archives has an incredible collection of audio recordings featuring
talks/lectures with filmmakers. Not sure if or how many are related to
filmmakers filming, but if I remember correctly there is some that overlap with
the subjects of the monographs. As someone previously suggested I would contact
Jill, the archivist to get more info on subject & access.

Additionally, the CMOA has an amazing archive of audio & video recordings
featuring avant- garde filmmakers. The CMOA program was started by Sally Dixon
before she moved on to the Twin Cities.

https://records.cmoa.org/

Melinda Ward went on to produce Alive From Off Center, which was a great show &
worth checking out. I think you can find it on Ubu.

And for anyone curious about Sally Dixon, who was quite the charismatic force,
There is a documentary in production about her impact. They’re raising funds to
complete it! More info here:

https://www.sallydixonfilm.com/

Warmly,
Emily Davis
Walker, & huge Sally Dixon fan.)

> On Feb 2, 2021, at 1:57 PM, jared ashburn <ashburn.ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Does anyone know if the "Filmmakers Filming" initiative amounted to any
> filmed or videotaped interviews or lectures with the filmmakers?
>
> Thanks!
> Jared
>
>> On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 11:10 AM Michael Walsh <sliderulebl...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> Hi Patrick,
>> If no one is able to provide the requested information, I would suggest
>> getting a hold of the archivist at the Walker Art Center, Jill Vuchetich.
>> jill.vuchet...@walkerart.org
>> Thanks,
>>
>> -Michael Walsh
>> Assistant Curator/Archivist
>> Moving Image
>> Walker Art Center
>> (he/him)
>>
>>> On Mon, Feb 1, 2021 at 6:44 PM Patrick Friel <patrick.fr...@att.net> wrote:
>>> Hello Frameworkers!
>>>

>>> Someone (I think from the Walker Art Center?) inquired about this many,
>>> many years ago, but I don't see in the Frameworks archive that she received
>>> any definitive answers (just some guesses).
>>>
>>> Trying to figure out what the complete run of the "Filmmakers Filming"
>>> monographs includes. They were produced in the early 1980s by the Walker
>>> Art Center and Film in the Cities.
>>>
>>> 1. Stan Brakhage
>>> 2. Ken Jacobs
>>> 3. Bruce Baillie