Michael,
thank you for your input.  Fred’s point led me to that exact thinking!  I am
having to write a research and practice paper for my MA and the films I am
writing about  were all made in China without any official permissions.  I will
research the Chinese filmmakers that you mentioned.

Best,
Jaime

https://jaimcleeland.wixsite.com/clown-trilogy

Sent from my iPad