Hello Kornelia,
Congradulations!
The looks really wonderful. So great to see Ann Deborah Levy in this as well.
Thanks for the info-I will be ordering a copy.
Best,
Chris H. Lynn

On Saturday, March 11, 2023, 01:15:11 PM EST, Kornelia Boczkowska
<kornelia.boczkow...@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear Colleagues,

Apologies for the self-promotion, but I wanted to draw your attention to my
book, Lost Highways, Embodied Travels: The Road Movie in American Experimental
Film and Video, published by Brill in early February:

https://brill.com/display/title/64181

The book - which is the culmination of my grant-funded research carried out
between 2017 and 2022 - draws on the tradition of experimental film catalogs
and can hopefully serve our community as a critical guide to both lesser
known/rarely screened and critically acclaimed films. My intention was to
discuss a wide array of artist-made moving images (83 in total) and to
specifically focus on works that are significantly underrepresented in film
criticism and elsewhere.

I’d like to thank everyone (also on Frameworks) who has offered me all kinds of
assistance when I was working on this project, especially friends and
colleagues from the SF Bay Area. Your support is greatly appreciated! Thanks to
filmmaker and friend Dominic Angerame for giving me permission to use a still
from his Premonition for the cover image.

I’m attaching a 25% discount code on the book along with the ToC and
Introduction, which outline the book's contents and structure. Also, if
anyone's interested, I'll be happy to share some short excerpts from the book
with you, just let me know. The blurb says:

Often identified as one of the most genuine and enduring American film genres,
the road movie has never been explored in the context of experimental
filmmaking. To fill this gap, Lost Highways, Embodied Travels provides the
first book-length study of over eighty unique and often obscure films and
videos and situates them within the corporeal turn in American avant-garde
cinema, so far mostly associated with body genres and sexually explicit films.
Drawing on unpublished archival materials, the book offers a fresh take on both
past and current practices of the experimental film community for scholars,
students, makers and film buffs.
My best,

Kornelia
--