 From: Richard Ashrowan <rich...@ashrowan.com>
To: frameworks@jonasmekasfilms.com
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 7:43 AM
Subject: [Frameworks] Alchemy / James Whitney's Dwija (1973)

Hello all,

Is anyone aware of any available 16mm prints / DVD / VHS or online versions of
James Whitney's 1973 'Dwija'? I would like to review it for my PhD research
(related to alchemy in the moving image), and I may then see if I might be able
to screen it.

I have sent inquiry emails to CVM, the LA Film Forum,  the Academy Film Archive
and Iota, but have yet to hear anything back. I cannot seem to find who
actually has this film.

I would also be interested to hear any thoughts Frameworkers might have on
films / filmmakers that deal consciously with ideas of alchemical
transformation, from any era.

Many thanks for your help

Richard Ashrowan
rich...@ashrowan.com