My Canyon Cinema: The Life and Times of an Independent Film Distributor (University of California Press) is relevant to your topic, Matt.

Scott
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Frameworks] books on alternative/diy film distribution
From: "matt's frameworks address" <li...@rodeofilmco.com>
Date: Sun, April 29, 2012 11:15 am
To: Experimental Film Discussion List <frameworks@jonasmekasfilms.com>

hello Frameworkers,

Wondering if anyone has any recommendations on good books or articles about alternative film distribution.  I know there are a number of texts out there focusing on self distribution of independent features, but I am hoping to find something that addresses experimental, short, and other sorts of films, and addresses things such as film festivals, micro-cinemas, and the like... truly DIY distribution for the filmmakers working far from the mainstream system.

thanks!

-Matt