From: Michael Lee <maaron...@gmail.com>
Subject: [Frameworks] 1970s French short film
To: frameworks@jonasmekasfilms.com
Date: Monday, May 14, 2012, 2:36 PM

Hi All,

I saw a clip on YouTube a year ago or more of a performance piece involving
film and "painting".  I believe the artist was French--I'm almost positive it
was from the mid 1970s.  I could not find it.  Does the following scenario ring
a bell?

On the screen a man is strolling in a rural landscape.  From what I recall, the
action on screen is actually a film of that film.  The filmmaker is painting
himself "in" or "out" using black or white paint against the screen (?).  It
somehow ends with the living, breathing filmmaker busting through the paper
screen on which his image is seen walking towards the original filmed image of
himself.  A parlor trick, for sure, but pretty amazing!

Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----