Last night our jurors announced their picks for the jury awards!  The
audience award will be tallied later in the week.

Our esteemed jury, Jonathan Marlow (Fandor.com), Dan Koretzky (Drag
City Records) and Julia Gibbs (University of Chicago Film Studies
Center) said they had a really difficult time choosing winners because
they found all of the work to be so strong.

Jury Awards:

Made in Chicago Award:
REMOTE- Jesse McLean

Honorable Mentions:
WAKING THINGS- Melika Bass
A.G.O.D 2012- Thorne Brandt

Best Narrative Feature:
PALACES OF PITY- Daniel Schmidt & Gabriel Abrantes

Honorable Mention:
HEADLOCK- Johan Carlson

Best Documentary Feature:
ZERO KILLED- Michal Kosakowski

Honorable Mentions:
GIRL MODEL- Ashley Sabin and David Redmon
MASTER PLAN- Robert Todd
AS ABOVE, SO BELOW- Sarah J. Christman
I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A DREAMER- Sabine Gruffat

Best Documentary Short:
RIVER RITES- Ben Russell

Honorable Mentions:
MAURICE- Patrick Kack-Brice
SLAB CITY PROM- Jordan Blady

Best Film Using Appropriation or Pre-existing Material:
WALT DISNEY’S TAXI DRIVER- Bryan Boyce

Honorable Mentions:
DERIVATION- Hyun-Suk Seo
ONCE IT STARTED IT COULD NOT END OTHERWISE- Kelly Sears

Best Animation/Experimental Short:
NATURE’S VOICE- Peter Jessien Laugesen

Honorable Mentions:
THE LIFE AND TIMES OF FREAKY UNCLE LUKE- Jillian Mayer
WANING-Gina Haraszti
TRACES 1-6- Scott Stark
SECRET LIFE- Reynold Reynolds

And The Uncategorizable Bests:
TWO YEARS AT SEA- Ben Rivers

Honorable Mention:
HEAVY GIRLS- Axel Ranisch

The festival stills runs until Thursday, with two feature programs
with shorts tonight, 5 repeats and a Special Presentation on Thursday.

All the best,

Lori, Bryan & the rest of the CUFF Team.