Hi all,

Just confirmed with Kodak today that they're discontinuing production of sound
recording stock 3378 (for making track negatives) in 35/32mm.  They have enough
stock left for about 1-1.5 years, based on past sales numbers.  35mm and
regular 16mm gauges will remain available.

While this may sound somewhat esoteric, 35/32mm is what 16mm track negatives
are often shot on, at least here in L.A., where there are still several good
sound houses making new track negatives for 16mm.  I haven't yet confirmed with
a couple of them, but did confirm so far that DJ Audio can't shoot regular
16mm, only 35/32mm, and Pete at DJ thinks there may not be any sound house in
L.A. that can shoot regular 16mm.  I'll check around with some of the other
sound houses though.

Pete did say that Agfa makes a 35/32mm sound recording stock, which he's used
and thought was perfectly good.  So bottom line, this isn't the loudest of
alarms being sounded, but something worth noting, at least.

Mark Toscano