Calling all contemporary workflow afficionados!

I am working on a new 16mm project and considering making an
EDL from a telecine via Cinema Tools and FCP.  From the EDL, I will cut my
negative and make a sound print
via A/B rolls.

This will be my first time using a telecine and Cinema Tools
to edit, and most of the information I’ve found involves a two-transfer
telecine process (all dailies in SD first then select shots from EDL in HD).

My shooting ratio is fairly low. I’d like to avoid
transferring twice and use my HD edit as my video master. So, if possible, I’d
like to just go ahead and transfer my rushes to HD Pro Res 24fps (no window
burn) with Evertz keylog file, edit in FCP, generate an EDL, and cut my
negative without running into any issues (3:2 pulldown or otherwise). Can any
of you foresee any problems with this simplified, online-all-the-time workflow?

Am I being naïve? I feel like this method could work for me
- the two transfer process seems designed for large-scale productions.

If any of you have worked this way or teach this workflow,
I’d surely appreciate any advice you can offer.

All the best,

Jodie Mack