Regarding labs with Super 8, and especially transfers, I'd add that you get
what you pay for. Pro8mm is very expensive, Dwayne's is very inexpensive.

-JH

________________________________
 From: Royce Marcus <roycemarcusfi...@gmail.com>
To: Experimental Film Discussion List <frameworks@jonasmekasfilms.com>
Sent: Friday, September 21, 2012 10:26 AM
Subject: Re: [Frameworks] [Experimental Film Discussion List] Super8 B&W help

I'm assuming your talking about editing?  It sounds like you are just starting
off, so I would lean towards Apple.  That way you have the option of FCP
(unfortunately X, unless you want to get 7 through other channels) or Premiere
in the Adobe Suite.  And if you really wanted, you could always duel boot
Windows and get Avid I suppose.  Your edits for this film don't sound too
complicated and could most likely be accomplished in any "real" editing
software.  I would be far more concerned with the processing and transferring
of your Super 8 film.  Research carefully, not all labs are created equal.
Though I haven't used them yet, I usually hear great things about Pro8mm,
though they are the most expensive.  I would avoid Dwayne's Photo for Super8
(wasn't very satisfied with my transfer there).  I've had a pretty positive
experience with PacLab out of NYC.  But ask around, cause that is a very touchy
subject.

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 4:22 AM, Jason Stauffacher <jasonstauffac...@gmail.com>