Hey all,

From June 5th to 8th, the forth edition of the superb S(8) Mostra de Cinema
Periférico will be held at A Coruña, Spain. In addition to their great local
and international thoughtfully curated program, this time they are focusing on
Argentine experimental film (although there are early and classic and
independent feature films  in the schedule as well).

http://www.s8cinema.com/portal/en/

Regarding experimental film, Claudio Caldini will be attending to show perhaps
the most complete and varied arrangement of his vast Super 8 body work seen
abroad, both in single channel and expanded versions, complemented by a
workshop. There will be also a program of contemporary filmmakers (Sergio
Subero, Pablo Mazzolo, myself) and local amateur small-gauge films from the
past.

On a personal note, I will be present as well to present a program on
historical Argentine experimental films, ranging from the 30s to the 80s (which
will shown in their original prints, with the exception of the two older ones):
http://www.s8cinema.com/portal/en/edicion-2013/vanguardias/antolog%C3%ADa-fantasma-cine-experimental-argentino/

Anyway, sorry for the self-promoting post, but I thought it would be a nice
opportunity to tell you about this rare and wonderful set of screenings. And I
hope to see some of you there!

Best wishes,
Pablo Marín.