I've been thinking about films that express an impatience with achievement.  An
initial form of this would be the kind of filmmaker who spoofs the documentary
form.  But let's put experimentation in the hot seat.  If we disallow those
cases in which it really is just an artist suffering from resentment (but how
would we know that is really all that's going on?), if we take up the film
that, given a certain context of achievement, would indeed appear to be a
failure, but in which . . tadaaa! . . the artist has moved beyond any such
wanna-be status into a strange space occupied by a particular obsession (it's
just leader, for God's sake; or, I think the camera was misloaded, you know,
like this is some kinda idiot; or, what the hell, the format aspect ratios keep
changing, was that on purpose?), if if if if if all that, or some of that, what
would you recommend? Where can I go for such a beyond-ing of excellence in
experimentation?

Bernie