There are a number of filmmakers who have made the splice, and the quality
of the cut, extremely important - Peter Gidal is (arguably) the most
important of these. If you think about it, it is an attribute of shaping
time which can be used - you may want to.

Stan's 'wink' is a wonderfully descriptive term.

Peter
(Perth - WA)