Hi,

I am collecting 16mm synchronizers for an installation project.  Does anybody
know if the synchronizers with sound heads are for reading Mag only
or do any exist that also read optical?  Is it possible to remove and optical
reader from a projector and make it run independently? I have taken apart an
old projector and am attempting to connect the optical head so that it can
produce sound from a film loop without a projector.  any mechanical information
or ideas much appreciated.  Also - please be in touch if anybody has any
synchronizers of any number of gangs they do not need or want.  Many thanks!!

all the best,
Rebecca