I would like to encourage Frameworkers in the vicinity
of the city of Kleve on the Northern Rhine, Dutch – German border,
to come see work I have made
in collaboration with the composer Florian Wittenburg
being exhibited at Museum Kurhaus / Kleve on February 13.

http://www.museumkurhaus.de/de/8138.html
This will be the program:

Danses de Travers, for piano – Eric Satie
What Was Was, for video and electronics – David Baker (US), Florian Wittenburg (GER)
In a landscape, for piano – John Cage
Currents, for video and electronics – Jon Forshee (US), Russell Richardson (US)
Last pieces, for piano – Morton Feldman
Mise en abyme, for video and electronics - David Baker, Florian Wittenburg
Quotes I-VI, for piano and electronics – Florian Wittenburg

 Along with " WHAT WAS WAS "
previously shown at the Milwaukee Underground Film Festival
and at Union Docs in Brooklyn,
here writ large in projected light the world premiere of:

" MISE EN ABYME "

Literally defined as " placed into abyss " or alternately " standing between two mirrors ". This piece is handmade to the extent that a digital work can be said to be so, constructed one frame at a time, in relation to the sounds of “Bowed Piano Piece 1” by Florian Wittenburg.

"Direct objects, (simple circles and squares) trace a tripartite chromatic arc
  in oscillations both microscopic and macroscopic,
  almost like an antique exploding picture box with transparent parts.
Tantric, hypnotic, motion generating the imperatives of verbs with supernatural sway… hortative modalities.”

In my process I am always open to the liberties pure play provides. In this case I discovered in detritus derived from very early Japanese animated cartoons, tiny zones of potential, little expansions and contractions, openings and closings at the beginnings and endings of these animal narratives. Usually one to four frames in duration I looped these shards and layered them. This is what you see. Significant to me, the work will be shown publicly for the first time at Museum Kurhaus / Kleve, a building which once housed an early studio of the artist Joseph Beuys.
" To the free skies, unpent, and glad, and strong. "
 -Walt Whitman