Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2014 20:44:28 +0100
From: johannesschr...@gmail.com
To: frameworks@jonasmekasfilms.com
Subject: Re: [Frameworks] kodachrome 2 exp. 1975 kodachrome II

    hi, roger,  thanx for your answer. we had the same remjet coating on
    the k40 and k25 films too and removed them easy after developing by
    hand.

    we do not mind the diy look afterwards.

    to all of you:

    i think there must be a way to develop kodachrome 2 in b&w
    negativ.

    rocky mountain film lab and filmrescue.com are develping this film.
    anyone knowing someone working there how could ask for their secret?

    no one ever done this?

    pleace help!

    best regards

    johannes and milena

    Am 27.01.2014 22:01, schrieb Roger
      Wilson:

        Doesn't
            Kodachrome 2 have the remjet antihalation on it? Did you
            remove it first? I think then you just process it like
            regular b&w but I've not done it myself so I can't say
            for sure.

          However, here is a
              list of chemicals that you use to make the remjet removal.
              I use this recipe for colour processing and it removes the
              remjet completely with no extra work. I use a morse G3
              tank and run it through this recipe for 4 minutes max.

                This is
                  the one from kodak ECN-2:

                WATER
                  (27-38ÂșC) - 800ml
                BORAX -
                  20g
                SODIUM
                  SULFATE (anhydrous) - 100g
                SODIUM
                  HYDROXIDE - 1g
                WATER
                  to complete - 1 litre

              Roger D. Wilson
              Film Scientist
              613 324 - 7504
              rogerdwil...@sympatico.ca
              http://www.rogerdwilson.ca

              Without failure you can never
                  achieve success. I have based my process and my career
                  as an experimental film artist on this statement; and
                  I welcome it as it pushes me forward as an artist to
                  try something different, something new.

              > Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 19:50:00 +0100

                > From: j...@gmx.at

                > To: frameworks@jonasmekasfilms.com

                > Subject: [Frameworks] kodachrome 2 exp. 1975

                > hi,

                > is there anyone who knows how to develop a
                kodachrome 2 in b&w negative

                > or reversal?

                > the process originally was k11 or k12.

                > i developed the kodachrome 40 and 25 with the foma
                chemie in b&w

                > reversal and it worked well.

                > but foma did not work with the old kodachrome 2.

                > i tried to develop the kodachrome2 with b+w neg.
                process with ilfosol

                > developer and the film was completely black, also
                on the edges!