Yes, I hate it too. It takes forever on the filmmaker side and it generates a
lot of unwanted submissions on the festival side of things. However, it does
help a festival keep information organized AND it generates a lot of
submission-fee revenue for all of those indie-makers blindly submitting to
festivals that WAB and IMDB suggest is right for them.  WAB is not only boring,
annoying,  and expensive, it creates ethical/political dilemmas for festivals
and makers.

With that said, I'm sure there are many examples in which WAB has helped
artists/filmmakers connect with an appropriate festival. But, there's gotta be
a better way. I'm sure programmers are all ears if people have a alternative
solutions.

- Warren