Hi Benjamin,
Try Athens Film Fest(ohio). They have accepted one of my experimental films.
Also a  friend send me info about this festival in Rome:
http://www.i-m.co/inte/intecinemafestival/home.html. There are wonderful venues
in New York city for experimental films. I will share them with you as I
discover them. Good luck!
Roshanak

On Apr 2, 2014, at 11:59 PM, Benjamin Pearson <b.seth.pear...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all!
> I am wondering if anyone has any leads/suggestions for fests that are
> friendly to (undergraduate) student experimental film and video makers? By
> friendly I mean something along the lines of no/low cost, preferential focus
> on young/emerging artists (or have specific categories for such artists as
> part of a larger fest) whose emphasis is on works other than traditional
> narrative, documentary or music videos. Any and all ideas would be greatly
> appreciated by me, and even more by the young artists who are subject to
> benefit from such info!! thank you in advance!
> -Benjamin Pearson

Roshanak Elmendorf
roshana...@optonline.net
roshanakelmendorf.com