I can highly recommend the following two publications on sound/radio and
moving image technology intersections and thematics in a wide range of
documentaries/experimental films:

- Philippe Langlois, *Les cloches d'Atlantis. Musique électroacoustique et
cinéma. Archéologie et histoire d'un art sonore.* Paris: Éditions MF, 2012.

Info here: http://www.lesclochesdatlantis.com/

...and:

- Jerry White, *The Radio EYE. Cinema in the North Atlantic 1958-1988*.
Wilfred Laurier University Press, 2009.

In addition, I think that also *Song of Ceylon* (Basil Wright, 1934) is a
good classic example of radio transmission in film, and later the radio
play transmissions of Derek Jarman's *Blue* (1993).

Best,
Christian