The old fashioned way to telecine is cheapest: project film on to a wall and shoot with your video camera---did it that way for years and still do with student films. Find the shutter speed on your video camera that minimizes the flicker.
OR
Costco (yes, the big discount chain) offers film transfer to digital---never tired it but sure to be cheapest. Outside of that, Echo Park Film Center in Los Angeles used to offer a cheap deal on transfers. Yale Film & Video in Burbank will do a relatively cheap SD telecine, even when you supervise with the operator. I also got a very good price for an 16mm HD scan at Pro8mm in Burbank, which they did overnight at no extra charge. That was from already processed reversal film. Pro8mm has package deals for processing and transfer to digital---you'd have to check their website if you haven't already. None of is going to be cheap, for sure.

Good luck!
Dana