I’ve used Dektol with hi-con plenty, but my experience is that exposure times
are VERY short, definitely less than 1 min with the chemistry at room
temperature, even when I dilute the developer.  (It slows considerably as the
chemistry gets exhausted, of course.)  I rate hi-con at ASA 12 when I shoot it,
so that could make a difference in time to proper exposure.  Like Christopher
suggests, I do use a safelight with 7363 and just eyeball proper exposure, but
I find it VERY easy to miss the mark & end up with black film.  (I also process
as negative, since I don’t love the idea of dealing with scary bleach.)

I’m certainly not a lab expert, but I do demos of this regularly enough with my
students to feel pretty confident that my results are repeatable and that these
very fast development times aren’t just a one-time quirk.

Can anyone else confirm this?
Roger