Hi Warren, folks,

I'm not familiar with the Photoshop function. Still, the following pair of
GIMP plugins could be useful. One appears to depend on the other:
http://registry.gimp.org/node/28055 requiring
http://registry.gimp.org/node/6128

In addition I think it is possible and probably powerful to work this way
in Blender, though the curve may be a bit steep. Here is a very fast
moving, designer-y tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JjJy8kb9aM .

The workflow appears to be experimental (and based in very recent Blender
versions) but to anyone here not reflexively allergic, if you've not worked
with Blender before, it's worth your time.

Speaking personally, I'm very interested in digital to print workflows.

Al

On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 2:46 PM, Warren Cockerham <warrencocker...@gmail.com