Just to follow up on the “before its converted to analog” part of the question…

All of the software data extraction techniques mentioned in these replies +
others available will extract the DVD information digitally.  The only way that
you would likely capture a DVD signal after its converted to an analog signal,
would be by recording the S-Video or Component Video output of a DVD player or
digital -> analog video card.

All of these software techniques, often called “Ripping” extract the DVD data
digitally.  As Nicky suggests, the “ripped” data must then be converted to a
format that can be played by anything other than DVD playing software.

Mpeg Streamclip ( as Rajesh mentioned ) can be used for that conversion process
if you don’t have Final Cut Pro to try Nicky’s method.