This is potentially interesting — solving some of the problems with DCPs and
silent films.  Of course, the question is whether the DCP files have to be
padded out to 120 fps — meaning either bigger files or a lot more compression —
unless this “behavior” can be a projector setting, and work with a DCP file
flagged as 16 or 18 or 20 fps.

It also brings back the Phi Phenomenon — flicker is our friend!

Jeff Kreines
Kinetta
j...@kinetta.com <mailto:j...@kinetta.com>
kinetta.com