Hello Frameworkers:

I'm working on a project using my optical printer, and I'm wondering about
using filters to color correct under specific and perhaps contradictory
circumstances.  Here's what I've got:

I'm shooting Kodak 7203/50D with an 80A filter to get to a slow ASA and
correct for "indoor" light coming from the projector.  I chose 50D because
it is the slowest color stock I know, and a lot slower than the tungsten
stocks now available.  I'm re-photographing a variety of scenes, including
some handmade frames on clear and black leader as well as some found
footage from different sources, some of which is quite blue and some of
which has gone magenta.

On my test roll, all of the footage came back looking very much like the
original in terms of the colors, except some of the found footage which was
already too blue to begin with.  Is it possible for me to use an additional
filter on the projector side to reduce the blue in these scenes?  If so,
what would I use?   What could I use to mitigate the magenta? How much
should I open up the aperture to compensate for these additional filters?

Is there another strategy altogether that I'm not considering?  I'm trying
to use as little film as possible, since I'm working on a very tight budget.

Many thanks for your advice.

CC
--
Caryn Cline