Very sad news... Akerman's influence is immense, and her vision is one that
should be more widely celebrated and studied in film/art
programs across the US. Perhaps in some quarters her work is celebrated,
though the program I attended barely mentioned her name.

It is also tragic that so much of Akerman's work remains difficult to find
viewing copies of. 40 some films and videos, and only a fraction
can be tracked down without much work.

For years, I coveted a VHS copy of News From Home. Thankfully, Criterion
released Akerman in the Seventies. About once a year, I
watch my tired VHS copy of Akerman on Akerman (Cinéastes de notre temps),
in part to see clips from those difficult to locate films, but
also to see her opening introduction, spoken directly to the camera.

Alain

On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 6:52 AM, Chen Sheinberg <chen...@netvision.net.il>
wrote:

> Chantal Akerman – one of my cinematic heroes of all times - died yesterday.
>
> R.I.P
>

> http://www.bfi.org.uk/news-opinion/news-bfi/features/chantal-akerman-has-died-aged-65

40 FRAMES
Portland, Oregon USA