See my book “Light Moving in Time,” pp. 13-20.

--Bill Wees

From: FrameWorks [mailto:frameworks-boun...@jonasmekasfilms.com] On Behalf Of
Ryder White
Sent: October 29, 2015 4:38 PM
To: Experimental Film Discussion List
Subject: [Frameworks] The eye in experimental cinema

Hello Frameworkers,
I am currently embarked on designing an installation the draws on cinematic
instances of the human eye and, as I write about it, I'm interested in finding
examples of the eye as a major symbolic device, particularly in the realm of
experimental and avant-garde cinema. I can think up a couple of examples...Man
With The Movie Camera, for instance, or Un Chien Andalou, but I'd be happy to
hear of other such appearances.
If it helps narrow the (admittedly broad) field, of particular interest are
examples where the eye is used to refer to the cinematic apparatus itself, or
the camera's voyeur qualities.
Thanks in advance!
Ryder