Hey Nic,

The plunger on the on the Analyst II is designed to reverse the direction of
the film, not stop it. All the ones I've used function this way. I imagine the
lamp on that specific projector runs too hot for it pause on a frame without
burning it, so the best you can do is slow it down and throttle the reverse
plunger if you want to review a shot. More advanced analytic projectors can
freeze on a single frame and advance one frame at a time. (We've got a "Pony"
at the AgX space which can do this if you need to borrow it).

Best,

Stefan