Hey Scott and all - regarding rotating turntables that include rotating AC
- see this link:

http://www.vuemore.com/?gclid=Cj0KEQjwztG8BRCJgseTvZLctr8BEiQAA_kBD9Fw3HF-6RCdrntuK6afHo7TQApVQy3Bx_eRTy707z0aApsm8P8HAQ

I've purchased several over the years and they are fantastic... I suspect
if you add a rheostat you could also change the rpms of the unit.

best,
bryan konefsky

On Sun, Jul 24, 2016 at 8:26 PM, Karl Reinsalu <kreins...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I recall a 35mm installation that used an ac cable with a pre-built slip
> ring design. They built the turntable and film looper themselves, but
> sourced the cable from a film industry rental house. Might be worth an
> inquiry with a production house like William F Whites or similar. Otherwise
> possibly an industrial electrical parts supplier? Best of luck!
>
> __
> Karl Reinsalu - Cinematography
> "Sent from my pocket through space and time."
>
> On Jul 24, 2016 11:02 PM, "Ryder White" <ryder.wh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Scott,
>>
>> I've been trying to figure this out too for some time, and as far as I
>> can tell you need something like this:
>>
>> https://www.sparkfun.com/products/13063
>>
>> Or any other sort of "slip ring" that is rated for sufficient current.
>> The issue with a turntable is you would probably have to rig your power
>> supply from the top since the slip ring has to be on the radial axis of the
>> platform, and underneath the turntable you'd have a bunch of moving parts
>> and gak. But this is all conjecture since I've never followed through on
>> it. If anyone out there has executed something like this I would be really
>> interested to see some pictures.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Ryder
>>
>> On Sunday, 24 July 2016, Scott Stark <sst...@hi-beam.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all, does anyone have an idea of how to supply power to a projector
>>> that’s set on a rotating device such as a turntable? Is there such a thing
>>> as a rotating power supply?
>>>

>>> I saw this – the main cylinder wouldn’t do it but the part that attaches
>>> to the wall does rotate 360, but I can’t quite figure how to make it work.
>>>

>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u64Kn5ENkE0
>>>

>>> Just wondering if anyone’s found a device designed for such.
>>>

>>> thanks –
>>>

>>> Scott Stark
>>>
>>> scottstark.com <http://www.scottstark.com/>
>>>
>>> Experimental Response Cinema <http://www.ercatx.org/>
>>>
>>> Flicker <http://www.hi-beam.net/>
>>>

>> --
>>
>> Sent from mobile device, please forgive typographic errors. -RTW

Bryan Konefsky
Professional product tester

Great art has always gone to the masses, to their hopes and dreams, for
that spark that kindled their souls. The rest, "the many, all too many" as
Nietzsche called mediocrity, have been mere commodities that can be bought
with money, cheap glory, or social position.
- Emma Goldman