Thanks Amanda, Scott, Pip, Sherman and David!  I very much appreciate all the
info.

I appreciate the links to Kodak’s info, Sherman.  Unfortunately, I’m not able
to access further links from that page.  Seems I need program membership, but I
don’t find info on what that is.

Great to learn about onions as a temporary fix, Pip!

Sounds like the most problematic chemicals are in bleach, fix, and hypoclear.
If spent chemicals are decanted and taken to a toxic waste site, how much of a
concern are the trace chemicals and silver in washes?  Many folks seem to think
the impact on the septic system is not of major concern, which leaves me with a
concern about drinking water and general environmental health.  Searches online
bring up opinions running the gamut, but we’ll be drinking water that has these
untreated chemicals in them.

And do  I have it right that installing a silver recovery system is as simple
as getting a special magnet that will attract the silver?

Sarah
http://www.SarahBlissArt.com