Hi Stephanie,
Your description is vague. Does the camera run continuously in reverse as long
as you hold that Rewind button down, and only that button, or even after you
stop holding it down?
That's the dissolve button. It's supposed to rewind for just a few seconds
automatically after you press the button for a second then let go. But I think
you have to be running forward with the trigger when you press that button.
That dissolve function is very complicated. You have to perform a few steps,
including the run trigger, in the correct sequence, for the correct amount of
time. It's like a dance. If you do it incorrectly, the whole camera can jam
(one of the few design flaws of the otherwise fantastic Nizos). Maybe that's
your problem. It's difficult to know without testing the camera in person.
John Porter, Toronto