Thanks for this.
Knowing what the sources are for the sound of Fire of Waters is particularly
interesting for me as previously I did not know these facts although there had
been much conjecture. My reference to it in my article  THUNDER & LIGHTNING
Noise: Aesthetics and Audio-visual Avant-garde Practice in Goddard. et al.
(Eds.). Reverberations: The Philosophy, Aesthetics and Politics of Noise
(Continuum), described the sound as heard; likening the sound to external
sources somewhat different to what they actually were. The troubling question
that this raised is:  how does prior knowledge of what is being heard (and seen
for that matter) affect the viewing-listiening experience of the film?

Best Wishes

Rob