Hello Frameworkers,

I know you all have better things to do, but if anyone has 1) a spare moment or
two, and 2) old print copies of Canyon Cinema or Filmmakers’ Co-op catalogs, I
have a question.

Currently, only two of Anthony McCall’s solid light films are available for
rental from Co-ops: Line Describing a Cone and Conical Solid (this includes
Canyon, FMC, Light Cone, and LUX). I believe I recall that Cone of Variable
Volume and Partial Cone were once available from at least some of these co-ops
(not sure about Long Film for Four Projectors, but I’ll throw that into the
mix, too).

Can anyone confirm? This means going rather far back, as I assume that the
availability of these films changed after “Into the Light” and McCall’s new
cycle of solid light films, circa 2001/2/3.

Back when you could event rent a Yellow Movie, at least from FMC. Ah, the days
before moving image art.

Thanks in advance for any info, ideas, suggestions.
All best,
Jonathan

Dr. Jonathan Walley
Associate Professor and Chair