My book Hamilton Babylon: A History of the McMaster Film Board (2016), deals
with a short-lived Canadian filmmaking and film distribution cooperative
founded by members of the student union at McMaster University in Hamilton,
Canada, in the 1960s (they were inspired by the example of the New American
Cinema group, and largely at the direction of an unregistered student named
John Hofsess who made experimental films). The McMaster Film Board
metamorphosed into the Canadian Filmmakers Distribution Centre.

On Sep 19, 2018, at 4:49 PM, Albert Alcoz