Hello friends,
my last film will be showing this thursday in NY I if you received this
email is because I would love you to see you there.
Sadly I wont be able to attend. Hope you can make it!

Warm regards from Buenos Aires,

*THE ENDLESS FILM / LA PELÍCULA INFINITA*
(Leandro Listorti, Argentina, 2018, 54 min. In Spanish with English
subtitles)

*New York Premiere!*

*Cinema Tropical* and the *Anthology Film Archives* present the New York
premiere of Leandro Listori’s *The Endless Film. *As part of our ongoing
series*, IF YOU CAN SCREEN IT THERE: PREMIERING CONTEMPORARY **LATIN
AMERICAN** CINEMA, *Listori’s film essay is a movie that stands as a
cinematic Frankenstein made from different fragments of unfinished,
abandoned, or unrealized Argentinian movies.

*When*: Thursday, February 7, 7:15pm
*Where*: Anthology Film Archives

The Endless Film tells the story of a parallel history of cinema. An
endless film is a film that has no end, a film that has not reached its
destiny. From this limbo, Listorti gathers these orphan images and sounds
and finds a new opportunity to screen their stories.

Not only a filmmaker, Listorti nurtures his talented film practice with his
experience as an archivist in the film museum Pablo Hickens Ducros in
Buenos Aires. *The Endless Film* is composed of the remains of such films
as *El eternauta* by Hugo Gil (1968); *La neutrónica explotó en Burzaco* by
Alejandro Agresti (1984); *Zama* by Nicolás Sarquís (1984); *Sistema
español *by Martín Rejtman (1988); and *El ocio *by Mariano Llinás and
Agustín Mendilaharzu (1999); among others. With the voices of musician and
actress Rosario Bléfari and filmmaker and writer Edgardo Cozarinsky, *The
Endless Film* proposes itself as a negative journey through creation,
memory, and loneliness.

“In a country where the remains are of fundamental importance in
understanding the past, *The Endless Film* offers a window to forgotten
memories, and invites the viewer to evaluate its own culture and identity.”
–Rotterdam Film Festival

For tickets and information on upcoming screenings, visit:
http://anthologyfilmarchives.org/film_screenings/series/50295
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__anthologyfilmarchives.org_film-5Fscreenings_series_50295&d=DwMFaQ&c=aqMfXOEvEJQh2iQMCb7Wy8l0sPnURkcqADc2guUW8IM&r=X2v1fZoHl7lt6XNy2r4J_5wQ4vhoeioOIWJ1OF2NbUo&m=1pWVVBru19E389excnDhDllYQOK9VLESr2cadWJZNPk&s=aWNWlrs8RHm3VZrwc1xmb7vSLds0Nu9yZXxjew_3PTc&e=>