Howdy y'all,

Looking for advice on cheap VHS capture devices under $200 US to digitize
some volume of cassettes. Reliability and cost are more of a priority over
quality. I just want to have reference material in a more accessible
format.

So far I've looked into getting a used Grass Valley (Canopus) ADVC-110 but
they're FW 400 and kind of all over the place in terms of price/condition.
Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle seems like it would be really ideal, has
absolutely horrible reviews. There are plenty of USB devices on Amazon for
$40-100 and wonder if anyone has had success with these? I'm using a MBP
with osx 10.12 and would prefer .MOV or MPEG.

Any input would be helpful!

Cheers,
Christopher