Hi Christopher,
Thanks so much for responding.  Your comments on exposure in other low
light situations have really helped put some perspective on shooting this
projection.  My fastest lens is a 1 inch that opens to 1.4, and I am using
a 500T stock.  I think the best thing to do is as you say, shoot a test.
The people who run the planetarium have been really welcoming, so going for
a test and then returning will work out.
Thanks again!
Nicole Elaine Baker
MFA in Visual Studies, 2019
Pacific Northwest College of Art