<https://gallery.mailchimp.com/e4e99825c1d97f8de6eaffad3/images/c6a4b757-b14c-4ec9-b8c6-9553961a080e.gif>

This week [September 7-15, 2019] in avant garde cinema
[corrected]

Enter your event announcements by going to the
<https://hi-beam.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e4e99825c1d97f8de6eaffad3&id=233050dcc3&e=f36020cad0>
 Flicker Weekly Listing Form.

To receive the weekly listing via email:
<https://hi-beam.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e4e99825c1d97f8de6eaffad3&id=aef845bd95&e=f36020cad0>
 Subscribe.

<https://microscopegallery.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/CurrentAutobio_Voslakov-768x596.jpg>

Super 8 Films By Women [September 9, Brooklyn, New York]

<https://bamlive.s3.amazonaws.com/styles/program_slide/s3/Steers_Totem_006_1200.jpg?itok=kXpBhWax>

Surrealistic Animations by Stacey Steers (September 11, Berkeley, CA)

DEADLINES APPROACHING:
RISC / International Science & Film Festival (France; Deadline: September 30,
2019)

<https://hi-beam.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e4e99825c1d97f8de6eaffad3&id=8c537d1e3a&e=f36020cad0>
 http://hi-beam.net/cgi-bin/ann.pl?type=calls&readfile=2042.ann

Events are sorted alphabetically BY CITY within each DATE.

This week's programs (summary):

*       Films In the Garden Curated By Lili White [September 7, New York, NY
United States]
*       Vito Acconci: Program 4 (1972) [September 7, New York, NY]
*       Vito Acconci: Program 3 (1971) [September 7, New York, NY]
*       Vito Acconci: Program 5 (1973) [September 8, New York, NY]
*       Vito Acconci: Program 6 (1973) [September 8, New York, NY]
*       Super 8 Films By Women [September 9, Brooklyn, New York]
*       Vito Acconci: Program 7 (1973) [September 9, New York, NY]
*       Ismo Ismo Ismo--"Mirada ForáNea" [September 10, Mexico City]
*       Vito Acconci: Program 8 [September 10, New York, NY]
*       Les Premiers De SÉRie [September 10, Paris, France]
*       Staff Area [September 10, Portland, Oregon]
*       Surrealistic Animations By Stacey Steers [September 11, Berkeley,
California]
*       Vito Acconci: Program 9 (1974) [September 11, New York, NY]
*       Show &Amp; Tell: Takashi Makino: Program 1 [September 11, New York, NY]
*       Vito Acconci: Program 10 (1974-75) [September 12, New York, NY]
*       Vito Acconci: Program 11 [September 13, New York, NY]
*       Vito Acconci: Program 1 (1970) [September 14, New York, NY]
*       Vito Acconci: Program 2 (1970) [September 14, New York, NY]
*       Rourke + Bickford + Jordan + Colburn + [September 14, San Francisco,
California]
*       Vito Acconci: Program 3 (1971) [September 15, New York, NY]
*       Vito Acconci: Program 4 (1972) [September 15, New York, NY]

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 7, 2019

9/7
New York, NY United States: 6th Street and Avenue B Community Garden
7:00 PM, Corner of 6th Street and Avenue B, Manhattan
FILMS IN THE GARDEN CURATED BY LILI WHITE
Lili White curates experimental films from the East Village: BEYOND NOSTALGIA
[prologue] (M. Niederland), #7 COLLECTIVE FORCE / ARMY (L. White), THE KEY
CEREMONY (J. Cyphers Wright).

9/7
New York, NY: Anthology Film Archives

<https://hi-beam.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e4e99825c1d97f8de6eaffad3&id=ac16631a30&e=f36020cad0>
 http://www.anthologyfilmarchives.org/
8:15 PM, 32 Second Avenue
VITO ACCONCI: PROGRAM 4 (1972)
CROSS-FRONTS (1972, 25 min, Super-8mm-to-16mm) FACE TO FACE (1972, 16 min,
Super-8mm-to-16mm) HAND TO HAND (1972, 13 min, Super-8mm-to-16mm) GO BETWEEN
(1972, 10 min, Super-8mm-to-16mm) ANCHORS (1972, 21.5 min, Super-8mm-to-16mm)
Total running time: ca. 90 min.

9/7
New York, NY: Anthology Film Archives

<https://hi-beam.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e4e99825c1d97f8de6eaffad3&id=29fe7c85f5&e=f36020cad0>
 http://www.anthologyfilmarchives.org/
6:00 PM, 32 Second Avenue
VITO ACCONCI: PROGRAM 3 (1971)
A progenitor of conceptual-, body-, and interventionist-art, and a towering
figure in contemporary culture who moved freely between language, action,
moving-image, hypergraphics, installation, cybernetics, and urban design, Vito
Acconci tragically passed away in 2017. This extensive overview of his
moving-image work - encompassing both works made directly for the camera as
well as invaluable documentation of some of his seminal activities, situations,
and exhibitions - represents a celebration of Acconci's influence. It's also
the culmination of one of Anthology's most ambitious recent preservation
projects: with generous support from the National Film Preservation Foundation
and The Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts - and with the close
participation of Vito Acconci & Maria Acconci - we embarked on the preservation
of 27 of Vito Acconci's Super-8mm films, some of which were rarely or never
shown publicly in his lifetime. In collaboration with Acconci Studio and
Electronic Arts Intermix (Acconci's long-time video distributor), we are proud
to present this collection of films in an immersive retrospective. Born in 1940
in the Bronx, Acconci went on to earn an MFA in literature and writing from the
renowned Iowa Writers' Workshop. He returned to New York and co-published the
avant-garde poetry magazine 0 TO 9. His formally explorative writing propelled
Acconci to jump from the page into activities for the street. By the late 1960s
he was presenting dark works - sometimes tinged with humor - with a pronounced
physical and psychological edge, which often featured extreme actions. Acconci
moved into Super 8 filmmaking in the late 60s to document situations he was
structuring in galleries, museums, and public spaces. Most of his activities
did not happen in front of audiences, so the resulting films (and later videos)
and photographic documentation were the intended way for viewers to experience
them. His shorter films are static single takes, with the time limit of a
single cartridge of Super-8mm film (approximately 3.5 minutes at 18 frames per
second) delimiting the length of Acconci's pre-determined actions. His longer
films are multiple camera rolls strung together, though they contain select
edits. Compelling and identifiable, his Super 8 films and early videos directly
influenced countless artists of his generation as well as ones to follow.
Acconci was involved with self-driven activities through the early 80s. He then
refocused his energy into architecture and urban design. A pioneer in the world
of installation art, he pushed spatial discourse into new terrain with the
design and construction of buildings, social spaces, and urban environments.
Acconci initially sold Super 8 prints of select films through the
Castelli-Sonnabend Videotapes and Films catalogue. Electronic Arts Intermix
(EAI) has long distributed Acconci's videos and video transfers of some of his
Super-8mm films. The works Anthology has preserved have never been widely
exhibited on the film screen. This film series combines new preservations with
works made on video (from the collection of EAI), supplemented with audio
recordings, slides, and texts. This series constitutes an incredible
opportunity for the re-discovery of seminal works completed during Acconci's
period as a filmmaker, in Acconci Studio's immersive program design for the
Maya Deren theater (which will incorporate onscreen text slides, video monitors
displaying additional works while the audience enters and exits, audio
excerpts, and more). Co-presented with Acconci Studio and Electronic Arts
Intermix. Very special thanks to Maria Acconci; Joshua Selman; Rebecca Cleman
(EAI); Andrew Lampert; and Ivy Swope (Film & Video Solutions). All the 16mm
prints in this series have been preserved by Anthology Film Archives with
support from the National Film Preservation Foundation and The Andy Warhol
Foundation for the Visual Arts, with the exception of APPLICATIONS, OPENINGS,
RUBBINGS, SEE THROUGH, WATCH, FACE TO FACE, and HAND TO HAND, which were
preserved solely through the NFPF. All the works screening digitally are
courtesy of Electronic Arts Intermix. Works playing before and after the
programs - as audiences enter and exit - will include RUNNING TAPE (1969, 30
min, CD), PULL (1971, 33 min, digital), and RECORDING STUDIO FROM AIR TIME
(1973, 37 min, digital). PROGRAM 3 (1971): BREATH IN(TO) / BREATH OUT(OF)
(1971, 3.5 min, Super-8mm-to-16mm) WATCH (1971, 10 min, Super-8mm-to-16mm)
WATERWAYS (BURST; STORAGE) (1971, 8 min, Super-8mm-to-16mm) TRAINING GROUND
(1971, 10 min, Super-8mm-to-16mm) DIRECTIONS (1971, 18.5 min,
Super-8mm-to-16mm) Total running time: ca. 55 min.

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 8, 2019

9/8
New York, NY: Anthology Film Archives

<https://hi-beam.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e4e99825c1d97f8de6eaffad3&id=869e967de7&e=f36020cad0>
 http://www.anthologyfilmarchives.org/
6:00 PM, 32 Second Avenue
VITO ACCONCI: PROGRAM 5 (1973)
RECEPTION ROOM (1973, 18.5 min, Super-8mm-to-16mm) AIR TIME (1973, 21.5 min,
Super-8mm-to-16mm) VISIONS OF A DISAPPEARANCE (1973, 25 min, video) Total
running time: ca. 85 min.

9/8
New York, NY: Anthology Film Archives

<https://hi-beam.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e4e99825c1d97f8de6eaffad3&id=7265ef0abf&e=f36020cad0>
 http://www.anthologyfilmarchives.org/
8:45 PM, 32 Second Avenue
VITO ACCONCI: PROGRAM 6 (1973)
HOME MOVIES (1973, 32.5 min, video) FACE-OFF (1973, 33 min, video) Total
running time: ca. 70 min.

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 9, 2019

9/9
Brooklyn, New York: Microscope Gallery

<https://hi-beam.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e4e99825c1d97f8de6eaffad3&id=cf72c5b187&e=f36020cad0>
 http://www.microscopegallery.com
7:30pm, 1329 Willoughby Ave
SUPER 8 FILMS BY WOMEN
works by Peggy Ahwesh, Nina Fonoroff, Marjorie Keller, Janis Crystal Lipzin,
Julie Murray, Natalka Voslakov, Jacalyn White Organized by Lumia and Michele
Pierson “The seeds for this event were planted at a screening of Storm de
Hirsch’s films at Microscope Gallery last year. It is there that we met and got
to talking in the way that you so often do on these occasions. Over the course
of our chat we learned that we were both researching the history of women’s
filmmaking. A lot of our discussion focused on films, which we have been very
eager to see but have not had the opportunity to. This screening is the fruit
of that discussion. In the spirit of a public research session we have chosen
films that neither of us have seen. The artists themselves are connected in
multiple ways: as student or teacher, as collaborator, colleague and friend. We
also decided to focus on Super 8 films. Although many of the films we will be
seeing circulated widely in the 1980s, most have not been seen in New York for
decades, and some may never have been screened here at all. Screenings of Super
8 films are themselves rare these days, so we are particularly excited to be
seeing most of these films in 8mm. In the spirit of shared discovery (or
rediscovery) we would like to give each film its own space; pausing for
discussion after the screening of each film.” Free Admission. Full program and
further info: www.microscopegallery.com <http://www.microscopegallery.com> ,
i...@microscopegallery.com <mailto:i...@microscopegallery.com> , tel:
347.925.1433.. Jefferson St L (exit Starr St).

9/9
New York, NY: Anthology Film Archives

<https://hi-beam.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e4e99825c1d97f8de6eaffad3&id=200e99a047&e=f36020cad0>
 http://www.anthologyfilmarchives.org/
7:30 PM, 32 Second Avenue
VITO ACCONCI: PROGRAM 7 (1973)
THEME SONG (1973, 33 min, video) WALK-OVER (1973, 30 min, video) Total running
time: ca. 70 min.

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 10, 2019

9/10
Mexico City: Filmforum

<https://hi-beam.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e4e99825c1d97f8de6eaffad3&id=b6c166452e&e=f36020cad0>
 http://www.lafilmforum.org/
10AM-6PM, Tuesday-Sunday, Paseo de la Reforma 51, Col. Bosque de Chapultepec
ISMO ISMO ISMO--"MIRADA FORáNEA"
Ismo Ismo Ismo: Experimental Film in Latin America/Cine experimental en América
Latina Views from Outside A traveling shot, in which the camera moves
horizontally and smoothly through space, is a basic element of film language.
This program takes traveling shots as its point of departure: the sensation of
movement, displacement, exile, as well as not understanding what’s being said,
being out of place, and entering into foreign exchanges. Leandro Katz takes a
rigorous and deceptively simple approach to a roll of Super 8 film shot on the
periphery of an archaeological site in Guatemala. This modest short film joins
the concerns of structural film—the fundamental tension between still
photography and the illusion of cinematic movement, and the complex calendric
calculations of the ancient Maya architects of the nearby ruins of Quiriguá.
Edgar Jorge Baralt travels through Southern California, finding echoes of his
home country, Venezuela. Macarena Cordiviola takes the writings of French
modernist poet Blaise Cendrars on a road trip enacting multiple and
simultaneous displacements. Felipe Esparza explores the journey of the spirit
outside of the body in a black and white translation of the Quechua’s Ayahuasca
experience. Louise Botkay uses ‘Vertières’ as a portal to time travel to the
battle that gave Latin America its first independence from European
colonialism. Dalia Huerta follows the circulation of commodities around the
globe, especially the archetypal Latin American export, the banana, and weaves
together an idiosyncratic essay about the values associated with these objects.
La Mirada Foránea Un travelling, una toma en la que la cámara se desliza
horizontalmente y fluidamente por el espacio, es un elemento básico del
lenguaje cinematográfico. Este programa toma los travellings como punto de
partida: la sensación de movimiento, el desplazamiento, el exilio, la confusión
y disonancia, el dislocamiento y el contacto con lo foráneo. Leandro Katz
trabaja de forma rigurosa y aparentemente simple con un rollo de Super 8
filmado en la periferia de un sitio arqueológico en Guatemala. Este modesto
cortometraje comparte las preocupaciones del cine estructuralista —la tensión
fundamental entre la fotografía fija y la ilusión de movimiento
cinematográfico— y los complejos cálculos astronómicos de los antiguos
arquitectos mayas en las ruinas cercanas de Quiriguá. Edgar Jorge-Baralt viaja
por California del sur, encontrando ecos de su país natal, Venezuela. Macarena
Cordiviola lleva los escritos del poeta francés modernista Blaise Cendrars a un
road trip recreando desplazamientos múltiples y simultáneos. Felipe Esparza
explora el viaje del espíritu fuera del cuerpo en una traducción en blanco y
negro de una experiencia quechua con ayahuasca. Louise Botkay usa ‘Vertières’
como un portal para viajar en el tiempo y llegar a la primera guerra de
independencia del colonialismo europeo en América Latina. Dalia Huerta sigue la
circulación de mercancías alrededor del mundo, especialmente del producto de
exportación arquetípico de Latinoamérica, el plátano, creando un ensayo
idiosincrático sobre los valores asociados a este producto.

9/10
New York, NY: Anthology Film Archives

<https://hi-beam.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e4e99825c1d97f8de6eaffad3&id=1a5a5c50a2&e=f36020cad0>
 http://www.anthologyfilmarchives.org/
7:30 PM, 32 Second Avenue
VITO ACCONCI: PROGRAM 8
DANCE MEDLEY 1970, 5 min, Super-8mm-to-16mm & MY WORD 1973-1974, 91 min,
silent, Super-8mm-to-digital Total running time: ca. 100 min.

9/10
Paris, France: Light Cone
8:30pm, 20 Rue du Temple
LES PREMIERS DE SÉRIE
Patrice Kirchhofer described himself as "Filmmaker, musician, painter, author,
organizer of conferences". And he was much more than that. In the 1970s,
Patrice Kirchhofer became a world-level, seminal figure of experimental film.
By 1981, he had directed nearly two dozen films and was a major filmmaker, an
important name in the world of independent cinema. In 1973 he joined the
Collectif Jeune Cinéma and later founded the magazine "Cinéma Différent". In
1976 he incites a division in order to create the Coopérative des Cinéastes,
followed by the KMP group, a more restrained circle of colleagues dedicated to
the creation and distribution of films, which produced the "Grey Report" on the
notorious meetings organized by the CNC in Lyon, Avignon and Paris. Because,
for him, the ideal cinema cooperative would imply sharing the means of
production and assuming the entire chain of film fabrication, all the way to
distribution, a vision that was far from the concerns of the other independent
film groups in France at the time. He ended up relegating his films to storage,
no longer making any effort to show them, becoming interested instead in other
fields that inspired him: mathematics, topography, language and
psychoanalysis... As if he had taken time for a new experiment, his research
ended up nurturing his film work. Trying new forms, easily casting aside
unfinished works, to take up again later, or not. This is part of the work.
This program presents the first serial films made in the 1970s, three of which
remained as stand-alone pieces: "Rémanence I", "Hors Titre I" and "Ataraxie I".
Nevertheless, the numbering allowed for the possibility of a continuation.
"Sensitométrie VI", which will be shown in the reception space, is a "film
test" made in 1970, at the age of 17. Essentially his first film.
Mischievously, he titled the films according to their place in the series or in
order of completion. "Sensitométrie II" (1973-74) is called the "First film",
while "Sensitométrie I" is the first film in the series, an animation from
1973. SENSITOMÉTRIE I by Patrice KIRCHHOFER 1973 / 16mm / colour / sound / 3'
00 CHROMATICITÉ I by Patrice KIRCHHOFER 1977 / 16mm / colour / sound / 11' 00
DENSITÉ OPTIQUE I by Patrice KIRCHHOFER 1977 / 16mm / colour / sound / 27' 00
ATARAXIE I by Patrice KIRCHHOFER 1977 / 16mm / colour / silent / 3' 00 / double
screen REMANENCE I by Patrice KIRCHHOFER 1978 / 16mm / b&w / silent / 6' 00
ANOREXIE I by Patrice KIRCHHOFER 1979 / 16mm / b&w / silent / 3' 00 HORS TITRE
I by Patrice KIRCHHOFER 1981 / 16mm / b&w / silent / 11' 00 SENSITOMÉTRIE VI by
Patrice KIRCHHOFER 1970 / 16mm / colour / sound / 20' 00

9/10
Portland, Oregon: Boathouse Microcinema
boathousemicrocinema.com
8:00, 822 N River St
STAFF AREA
Video work by Sean Christensen, Cosmic Siblings, Dylan Jones, Midnight Variety
Hour, Erin Tanner, Fern Wiley

WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, 2019

9/11
Berkeley, California: Pacific Film Archive

<https://hi-beam.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e4e99825c1d97f8de6eaffad3&id=46089f7d7d&e=f36020cad0>
 http://www.bampfa.berkeley.edu/
7pm, 2155 Center Street
SURREALISTIC ANIMATIONS BY STACEY STEERS
In Person Stacey Steers Stacey Steers’s handmade, hypnotic collage animations
draw on a wide range of materials, including nineteenth-century prints,
Eadweard Muybridge’s 1887 motion studies, and silent cinema footage,
particularly images of Lillian Gish and Janet Gaynor. The resulting narratives
are dreamlike and mysterious, while exploring the subterranean depths of
women’s inner experience. For the late filmmaker Phil Solomon, Steers’s most
recent film, Edge of Alchemy, “is the epitome of [her] unique vision of
collaged re-examination animations, an uncanny way to carry on in the great
tradition of surrealist cinema.” Steers herself elaborates, “Like the
Surrealists, my working process is intuitive and allows the unconscious and
non-rational to play a role. I unite elements with no obvious shared context
and try to create an atmosphere where their alignment feels somehow natural and
poetically sound.” Steers also screens her hand-drawn Totem and presents a
10-minute PowerPoint lecture on the creative process. Films in this Screening
Totem, Stacey Steers, United States, 2000 Phantom Canyon, Stacey Steers, United
States, 2006 Night Hunter, Stacey Steers, United States, 2011 Edge of Alchemy
Stacey Steers, United States, 2017

9/11
New York, NY: Anthology Film Archives

<https://hi-beam.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e4e99825c1d97f8de6eaffad3&id=7c292471ad&e=f36020cad0>
 http://www.anthologyfilmarchives.org/
7:30 PM, 32 Second Avenue
VITO ACCONCI: PROGRAM 9 (1974)
TURN-ON (1974, 22 min, video) FACE OF THE EARTH 1974, 22 min, video OPEN BOOK
1974, 10 min, video SHOOT 1974, 10 min, video Total running time: ca. 70 min.

9/11
New York, NY: Anthology Film Archives

<https://hi-beam.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e4e99825c1d97f8de6eaffad3&id=1fbb470192&e=f36020cad0>
 http://www.anthologyfilmarchives.org/
8:00 PM, 32 Second Avenue
SHOW & TELL: TAKASHI MAKINO: PROGRAM 1
Among Japan's most prolific and adventurous filmmakers, Takashi Makino is
remarkable both for the hypnotic, near-cosmic immersiveness of his imagery and
for his distinctive, highly collaborative approach to his soundtracks. Sound
and image in his work are of equal importance, and interact in unusual,
unpredictable ways thanks to his method of creating his soundtracks in close
and often free collaboration with some of the most gifted contemporary
avant-garde composers. Often performed live, the music tracks variously act in
counterpoint to, merge with, or run in parallel to the richly layered, ever
morphing imagery, creating a profoundly dialectical experience. Makino
graduated in 2001 from the Cinema Department of Nihon University College of
Art, and then moved to the UK, where he developed his skills in various aspects
of image, lighting, and music production at the Brothers Quay's Atelier
Koninck, and worked as a colorist on feature films, commercials, and music
videos. He established himself as a solo artist in 2004, and after returning to
Japan he met Jim O'Rourke, which accelerated his filmmaking pace and helped
launch his practice of working in close collaboration with musicians and
composers. For this very special installment of "Show & Tell," we'll be hosting
three programs surveying his work, including the U.S. premiere of his
brand-new, hour-long piece, MEMENTO STELLA. "Makino proclaims, 'I always want
to make Imaginary Cinema,' to resist the use of cinema as propaganda - a real
danger in contemporary Japan - by generating an ever-transforming 'third image'
between his projected images and those created within each viewer's
imagination. He describes this as a 'creative collaboration with filmmaker and
audience,' in which each act of watching 'giv[es] birth to a new cosmos…an
act of true creativity.' Makino's ideal film would 'give rise to the same
number of new cosmoses as there are viewers.'" -Marianne Shaneen, BOMB MAGAZINE
Presented with generous support from the Japan Foundation, New York; special
thanks to Sanae Tani & Koji Nozaki. PROGRAM 1: CINÉMA CONCRET (2015, 24 min,
DCP. Music by Machinefabriek.) THE PICTURE FROM DARKNESS (2016, 30 min, DCP.
Music by Simon John Fisher Turner.) ON GENERATION AND CORRUPTION (2017, 26 min,
DCP. Music by Jim O'Rourke.) Total running time: ca. 85 min.

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 12, 2019

9/12
New York, NY: Anthology Film Archives

<https://hi-beam.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e4e99825c1d97f8de6eaffad3&id=f22f6fd038&e=f36020cad0>
 http://www.anthologyfilmarchives.org/
7:30 PM, 32 Second Avenue
VITO ACCONCI: PROGRAM 10 (1974-75)
Works playing before and after the programs - as audiences enter and exit -
will include RUNNING TAPE (1969, 30 min, CD), PULL (1971, 33 min, digital), and
RECORDING STUDIO FROM AIR TIME (1973, 37 min, digital). PROGRAM 10 (1974-75):
COMMAND PERFORMANCE (1974, 57 min, video) & LIFE HISTORIES OF THE NORTH
AMERICAN MARSH BIRDS (1975, 8 min, Super-8mm-to-16mm) Total running time: ca.
70 min.

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 13, 2019

9/13
New York, NY: Anthology Film Archives

<https://hi-beam.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e4e99825c1d97f8de6eaffad3&id=2b61bb86f4&e=f36020cad0>
 http://www.anthologyfilmarchives.org/
7:30 PM, 32 Second Avenue
VITO ACCONCI: PROGRAM 11
PROGRAM 11: THE RED TAPES (1977, 141 min, video) & ELECTION TAPE '84 (1984, 2
min, video) Total running time: ca. 145 min.

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 14, 2019

9/14
New York, NY: Anthology Film Archives

<https://hi-beam.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e4e99825c1d97f8de6eaffad3&id=a23777fe6c&e=f36020cad0>
 http://www.anthologyfilmarchives.org/
6:00 PM, 32 Second Avenue
VITO ACCONCI: PROGRAM 1 (1970)
PROGRAM 1 (1970): BREAK-THROUGH (1970, 3.5 min, Super-8mm-to-16mm) FILLING UP
SPACE (1970, 3.5 min, Super-8mm-to-16mm) THREE FRAME STUDIES (1970, 11.5 min,
Super-8mm-to-16mm) TWO COVER STUDIES (1970, 8 min, Super-8mm-to-16mm)
CONCENTRATION/CONTEMPLATION PIECE (1970, 3.5 min, Super-8mm-to-16mm) LICK
(1970, 5 min, Super-8mm-to-16mm) AIR TIME (1973, 21.5 min, Super-8mm-to-16mm)
Total running time: ca. 65 min.

9/14
New York, NY: Anthology Film Archives

<https://hi-beam.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e4e99825c1d97f8de6eaffad3&id=ab5236c3f8&e=f36020cad0>
 http://www.anthologyfilmarchives.org/
8:15 PM, 32 Second Avenue
VITO ACCONCI: PROGRAM 2 (1970)
PROGRAM 2 (1970): RUN OFF (1970, 10 min, Super-8mm-to-16mm) CORRECTIONS (1970,
7 min, video) APPLICATIONS (1970, 20 min, Super-8mm-to-16mm) OPENINGS (1970, 15
min, Super-8mm-to-16mm) RUBBINGS (1970, 8 min, Super-8mm-to-16mm) SEE THROUGH
(1970, 6 min, Super-8mm-to-16mm) SEEING RED (1970, 5 min, Super-8mm-to-16mm)
Total running time: ca. 75 min.

9/14
San Francisco, California: Other Cinema

<https://hi-beam.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e4e99825c1d97f8de6eaffad3&id=767cbd0b60&e=f36020cad0>
 http://www.othercinema.com/
8:30pm, 992 Valencia
ROURKE + BICKFORD + JORDAN + COLBURN +
We kick off our 66th season with our by-now-eagerly anticipated X/Animation
showcase, this time boasting more than a dozen dazzlers! Spotlit is the launch
of local hero Jeremy Rourke’s domo domo, an expanded/performative account of
his wild bike-packing pilgrimage through the mountains of northern Japan, with
field recordings providing the ground for his post-Basho road songs and
delightful hand-drawn pixilations. AnOther focus is on recently deceased Bruce
Bickford, the Seattle hermit-genius whose claymation Prometheus’ Garden will
ever remain THEE break-out piece of personal fantasy and libidinal imagination.
Larry Jordan, our own elder statesman of experimental animation, tops the
roster with the world premiere of Oz, a 16mm blessing buoyed by a John Davis
track! PLUS Martha Colburn’s Spiders in Love, Lewis Klahr’s Dead Celebrity,
Kelly Sears’ Applied Pressure, Salise Hughes’ Antarctica, Ellie Vanderlip’s
Feet Flat, Eric Leiser’s Anthrophic Principle, and Skizz Cyzik’s Pataphysics
(on Alfred Jarry!). Free toast and nutella!! *$8

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 15, 2019

9/15
New York, NY: Anthology Film Archives

<https://hi-beam.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e4e99825c1d97f8de6eaffad3&id=14da6a5523&e=f36020cad0>

<https://hi-beam.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e4e99825c1d97f8de6eaffad3&id=048a5723ae&e=f36020cad0>
 http://www.anthologyfilmarchives.org/
8:15 PM, 32 Second Avenue
VITO ACCONCI: PROGRAM 4 (1972)
CROSS-FRONTS (1972, 25 min, Super-8mm-to-16mm) FACE TO FACE (1972, 16 min,
Super-8mm-to-16mm) HAND TO HAND (1972, 13 min, Super-8mm-to-16mm) GO BETWEEN
(1972, 10 min, Super-8mm-to-16mm) ANCHORS (1972, 21.5 min, Super-8mm-to-16mm)
Total running time: ca. 90 min.

  _____

Let us know about your alternative film/video event!

Enter your event announcements by going to the
<https://hi-beam.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e4e99825c1d97f8de6eaffad3&id=c6671793ff&e=f36020cad0>
 Flicker Weekly Listing Form.

To receive the weekly listing via email, send a message to
<https://hi-beam.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e4e99825c1d97f8de6eaffad3&id=e2410f26a2&e=f36020cad0>
 Subscribe.

<https://hi-beam.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e4e99825c1d97f8de6eaffad3&id=24b3e4dcab&e=f36020cad0>

<https://hi-beam.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e4e99825c1d97f8de6eaffad3&id=5aa33d81dc&e=f36020cad0>

Copyright © 2019 Flicker, All rights reserved.

<https://hi-beam.us9.list-manage.com/track/open.php?u=e4e99825c1d97f8de6eaffad3&id=91f37797e1&e=f36020cad0>